Hardware-style Dynamic EQ
GotoEQ is a new evolution of a vintage passive tube-based program equalizer, expanding on that classic sound with dynamic EQ bands. GotoEQ performs the classic ‘low-end trick’ with dual Boost and Attenuate controls for its low shelf, but it also offers the ability to perform a 'high-end trick', with a similar formulation of high shelving. With continuous frequency selection, you can tune each band as you like. But most importantly of all, GotoEQ’s two mid bands offer dynamic attenuation, bringing a musical approach to the classic EQ unit.
Simultaneously boost and cut the low shelf to create that low-mid scoop on bass tracks. De-ess vocals or de-harsh overheads by engaging dynamic attenuation and tuning the high-mid band. Add air to signals with the high shelf filter, and ‘scoop’ the high-mids using a ‘high-end trick’. Get control over the ‘nose’ of bass tracks with dynamic attenuation of the Low Mid and High Mid bands. Subtly EQ a whole mix or bus using light settings and mild compression.
- Low- and High Shelf filters, with detailed modelling of a classic passive EQ unit.
- Two parametric dynamic filters.
- High-pass filter: 20/40/80 Hz.
- Preset library.
- Continuous frequency selection for all four bands.
- Boost and Attenuation for the Low and High shelving bands.
- Gain, Q and Dynamic Attenuation for the two mid bands.
- Finely-tuned compression algorithm makes mid bands react dynamically to the signal.
- Global Input and Output Gain controls (+/-24dB)
- Global bypass and individual band bypass.
- Peak metering for the input or output
1. Prepare for treatment
To let the dynamic processors work at their best, make sure to set the right input level.
2. Classic style filters
Two shelving filters with separate Boost & Attenuation controls. To achieve the 'Pultec' effect, both boost and attenuation must be above 0 dB.
3. Dynamic parametric EQ:s
These work a bit different than the Low & High filters – a dynamic processor attenuates the signal. Fine tune with the gain knob.
4. Level like a boss
VU-meters for Input or Output levels.
Demo (Desktop version only)
Fully functional, but occasionally with audio disruption. To unlock the full version, purchase a license and click on the button marked DEMO in the header to enter your serial number. (Yes, this download can be used if you have a license and need to re-install the full version)
GotoEQ for Mac v 1.0.1
(Unzip and open the included .pkg file to start the installation)
GotoEQ for Windows v 1.0.1
(Unzip and open the included .exe file to start the installation)